Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Hazel's Quilt...


I hope {those of you in the U.S.} had a wonderful Independence Day weekend. We certainly had a wonderful day celebrating with my niece and nephew's families!

I just finished a quilt that could only be described as "happy!" This is appropriate because it is for our one-year-old grandchild who has a perfectly sweet and happy disposition.


We met up with Hazel and her parents about a month ago. We hadn't seen Hazel since Thanksgiving, but we Facetime with her and her parents every week. When we walked in the room Hazel and my eyes met, and she immediately recognized me. While most little ones her age are a little cautious with "strangers," I put my arms out and she immediately lunged for me. {That makes a grandma's heart melt on the spot!} She is such a delightful and happy little girl, and I adore her.


This quilt has a lot of color and a lot of different fabric designs. Here's a photo of the fabrics, up close. We've got a floral, polka-dots, and other cute colors and designs...


For the back I used a coordinating polka-dot with a strip of fabrics used on the front of the quilt...


Again, I used a cute bee and flower design for the quilting...


I can picture our little Hazel snuggled up with this colorful quilt that matches her personality!