Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Baby's Quilt...


I'd love to tell you whose quilt this will be, but I don't know her name yet. This little granddaughter is due to be born in November, so I knew I needed to make her a quilt for Christmas too!

These photos are a little dark because I waited till the sun almost went down to take them. If I'd gone out earlier today, I would have expired on the spot. It's seriously hot here.


I made this quilt a little longer than some newborn quilts, so they could use it in her crib as she grows.


The prints on this quilt are cute and playful. Who doesn't love flowers, dashes and polka-dots!


I had the quilter use the "Spring Fling" pattern for quilting on this one.  It's a darling pattern with flowers and buzzing bees.


For the back I used lots of polka dots -- both large and small...


The last couple of days I've been designing some of the adult (my children's and children-in-law's) quilts. These are a little more challenging and certainly require more yardage than many of the grandchildren's quilts. Should be fun coming up with some new patterns and fabrics for them!


I'm heading out to mow the lawn since it's cooled off a bit. It's only 90 degrees right now. Downright frosty compared to earlier today.